Brad on 12 Nov 2008 08:02:34 -0800

Re: [PLUG] DNS problem

Go to a command prompt, and run the following...

This connects to your configured DNS server, and tries to resolve the name to an IP. If this comes back correct, then it's probably something with your network or firewall and should look into those. If it fails or says something to the effect that it can't resolve the URL to an IP, then it's something wrong with your DNS server.

You can also try adding an IP HOSTNAME entry to your c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts to see if that works as well. This file gets read before checking with your DNS server for name resolution.

-Brad