Art Alexion on 12 Dec 2008 10:21:55 -0800

Re: [PLUG] OT: hw repo (was What to do w/ 3-yr-old outboard CD burner? )

On Friday 12 December 2008 1:08:43 pm jonathan@jdsnetwork.com wrote:
> This would work, only if there were enough folks contributing. In my
> experience, these rental units start around $100 a month (they may be
> cheaper in some places, this is personal experience only).
> The problem is, I think too many folks would be a one-time thing. Also, how
> do you choose a location for the storage site? We're mostly all in the
> Philadelphia area, but even so that's pretty wide spread.

Well, I'm not sure it will work at all.  Though I've seen units for $35,
that's $420 a year.  Who would want to be personally responsible for it?  It
could be expanded to a larger community to make it work, but...