Mag Gam on 30 Dec 2008 11:07:23 -0800

Re: [PLUG] migrating to AD user with Likewise Open

To be on topic, I too have a very similar question

Presently, at my company we use AD for all authentication and as an
application developer my  biggest challenge is to integrate
authentication into our apps. The authentication team simply does not
answer or understand my question. Of course, there is a possibility I
am asking it wrong :-)

As an alternative, we created a database with usernames and passwords
and all of our applications use this db. We are in our own
island...which is not good IMO

I am no expert in AD whatsoever, but if I know my username, password,
and domain is there a library (C/C++/Java/Perl) I can use to test my
authentication?

For example:

user = < input >
password = < input >
domain = company.domain

connect to AD server.
access domain
Check if user exists
Try to authentication by using user and password on domain. Return 0 || 1

Is this possible to do? What other information would I need to
integrate AD into my app?

TIA