zuzu on 5 Feb 2009 10:10:11 -0800

Re: [PLUG] FiOS & Linux

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 1:06 PM, Bill Hance <bill@billhance.com> wrote:
> They've already sent me a new router, after the original seemed to have
> died.  Typical help desk solution.
>
> At least I got it in two days, and it was a more recent REV
> than the one that they installed a week earlier.
>
> The new one is REV E and has a USB connector on the back panel.

If you're so inclined, update the Wikipedia article with photos of the
new revision uploaded to the Wikimedia Commons.

> You most most likely get a the very exciting Actiontec MI14424WR
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Actiontec_MI424WR wireless gateway. It's full of action and tech. :-)
> WEP is enabled by default, the WEP key is printed on a label on the outside of the router.
> Default cred's are usually admin, password, or password1 if the tech gets fancy. It's 802.11 b/g
> sorry no N, non diversity radio.

What can you use the USB port for with the current firmware?  I hope
the DD-WRT port to the MI-424WR gets completed soon.  (Printer and
SANEd scanner sharing would be nice.)

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=23514&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=150&sid=7ea16cadc270fe5a189d40424e43fbbf