Michael Leone on 11 Feb 2009 06:07:47 -0800

Re: [PLUG] OT (but not really): Tough Interview questions

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 8:21 AM, Mag Gam <magawake@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think "ridiculous" is a poor choice for a word. But I suppose it
> helps if I explained the role better.
>
> K.S said "..and a potential employer has a legitimate reason to ask."
>
> Then again  a potential employer has a reason to ask **any** question...

I had to take a 3 hour online technical *and* organizational test.
Everything from D/R related concerns, to how would you handle this
management issue (and I'm not a manager, nor was the position I was
testing for), to "what ports are used in FTP traffic". And I know I
screwed up the subnetting question.. I can never remember the number
of hosts in a /24 segment, etc, off the top of my head. You get the
idea.

In my case, I was going for (and got) a Network Admin position (all
Windows based).