Joe Terranova on 13 Feb 2009 07:45:15 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Verizon bureaucracy gone wild

> While this indeed is extremely stupid it does not get to the point of what
> bundling and non competition have done to high speed internet. In many
> areas FIOS is, or will be, the only practical option. The question is why
> does anyone need verizon phone service period! But FIOS, I think, requires
> phone service as a minimum, locking you into a rate structure, or at least
> a future rate structure, that is ridiculous compared to the alternatives.

You don't need phone service to get FiOS. And a quick google shows
that for their first 3 tiers, you pay a startling $5 a month more if
you buy it without phone service ($10 for the 50/20 tier). I'm not
particularly upset by this.

http://www22.verizon.com/Residential/FiOSInternet/Plans/Plans.htm

Joe Terranova