edmond rodriguez on 13 Feb 2009 10:04:41 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Internet Provider Wars, part New

12 is operating on reduced power unfortunately.  It cuts on me a little, but it's prob my fault for the type of antennae I have setup.   I was looking forward to their "full" power coming on the 17th, but I believe that has been deferred until June now.

DTV Transition Update

As
you've no doubt heard by now, the U.S. Congress last week voted to move
the date of the federally mandated transition to digital television
(DTV) to June 12, 2009.

 Local broadcasters have the option to complete the transition to digital on February 17 as originally scheduled.

However,
to ensure that our viewers have more time to prepare for the switch and
do not lose access to the WHYY-TV programs they rely on and enjoy, we
have made the decision to continue to broadcast both an analog and a digital television signal until June 12.
 WHYY's decision to maintain an analog signal until the shut-off date of June 12 means that we will not yet be able
to broadcast our digital signal at full power. For viewers who are now
receiving their TV signal over the air, either via a digital-to-analog
set-top converter box or on a newer digital TV, this low-power
transmission means that it might be difficult or impossible for them to
receive WHYY's DTV channels at this time.
This
is a temporary, transitional situation that will be resolved after June
12, 2009. At that time, WHYY will begin operating with a high-power digital broadcast signal. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes. WHYY-TV's analog Channel 12 will continue to be available until June 12.

Please note: Viewers who subscribe to cable or a satellite TV service are not affected.