edmond rodriguez on 16 Feb 2009 12:41:40 -0800

[PLUG] word docs with open office and web sites (slightly OT)

Has anyone besides me noticed that when saving a Word document from Open Office (.doc file), some web sites that upload .doc's (like job search web sites) don't like them?  Sometimes I figure this out by trial and error, since the error messages don't explain what is wrong.

I am running into that from time to time, though MS Word opens a .doc file from Open Office just fine.

Edmond Rodriguez