Eric Hidle on 18 Feb 2009 15:50:47 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Verizon FiOS?

Okay, the installation is done, and despite bridging the connection, the system does not work the way I expected. Even setting up the bridging, I can not get an IP address directly from Verizon.

I also learned that, no way no how can you get Internet on the Ethernet port if you also have Fios TV. The ONT simply can't do that.

My choices are: Pay an extra $110/mo to get the business Internet/Fios with a static IP (50 extra for the service, another 30 in losing my bundle discount, and another 30 for losing my free DVR for 6-month deal)... or just plug back into Comcast...

I think I'll pick the latter... I am glad I didn't call to have Comcast turned off yet.

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 6:36 PM, jeff <jeffv@op.net> wrote:
Steve Morgan wrote:
> With a solid understanding
> of what I needed done, I finally got up the energy to call Verizon and
> after three calls finally got a tech to do what I wanted

And this, unfortunately, seems to be the point.

[sigh]

--
ThermionicEmissions  -  the blog
http://www.lockergnome.com/leftystrat