Art Alexion on 2 Mar 2009 08:43:48 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Firefox crashes with lots of tabs open

On Monday 02 March 2009 11:00:17 Gordon Dexter wrote:
> I'm running Kubuntu 8.04 (avoiding KDE4 for now).  I find when I have a lot
> of tabs open in Firefox it's very likely to crash.

I started having the same, and more severe issues with FF since the release of
3.0.6.  The problem, according to htop, seems more to do with CPU usage than
memory leaks, though it seems to get worse the longer firefox is running.
Also, it seems to have more to do with how long it runs and is only
accelerated when more tabs are open.

Kubuntu 8.04
Firefox 3.0.6
3.2 GB RAM
AMD 64x2 processor running at 2600.086 MHz

When FF froze last time, memory usage was at about 19.5%, CPU usage was at
97%.

I did not have this problem with previous iterations of FF 3.