Will Dyson on 19 Mar 2009 13:31:32 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Bandwidth Shaping

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 10:16 PM, brent timothy saner
<brent.saner@gmail.com> wrote:

> i DO like pfsense for my embedded x86 devices, it's clean and well
> assembled. i would like to see them work on support for other
> architectures though- pfsense on a wrt would be pretty nice.

http://www.freebsd.org/platforms/mips.html

I'm not really plugged into the FreeBSD community, but the above does
not look promising for pfSense on WRT-type routers.

Beyond the issue of getting the kernel to boot, pfSense's disk image
size and memory usage are also a bit rich for the platform (typical
4MB flash and 16MB ram).

It really would be nice, though. I've always wondered why none of
these embedded board vendors ships BSD-based firmware, since they seem
to have so much trouble complying with the GPL...

--
Will Dyson