Claude M. Schrader on 9 Apr 2009 16:13:16 -0700

Re: [PLUG] GPG + Debian 5 exceeding entropy while generating keys

On 08:59 Thu 09 Apr     , TuskenTower wrote:

> Sean
> Thanks for the ping flood tip.  I'll try that.
>
> Unfortunately this is not a one time thing.  We have an automated test
> system and each test (mostly standalone) that needs a key generates
> one a least once a week.  Since the GPG use is under active
> development, the tests are run more often.
>
> Amul

It uses things like disk access, keyboard and mouse usage too, so if the server is not busy, there may not be a lot of things generating entropy for it. Someone at some point had hooked up a lava lamp for true random number generation. Perhaps a trip to Spencers is in order!