Art Alexion on 21 Apr 2009 05:44:33 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Mac OS X Ext2 Filesystem

On Apr 21, 2009, at 8:33 AM, Gordon Dexter wrote:

> Maybe so, but NTFS3g is reputed to be very stable, enough so that I
> use it for my backup disk, since I need it to be read on all 3
> platforms.  FAT32 just has too many problems (big file support, etc)
> for me to use it like that.  Ext support in Windows also sucks.  As
> long as I occasionally verify the backups I think I'll be just fine.

My problem has not been with NTFS corruption in Linux, but with NTFS'
propensity to mark itself dirty in a way that Linux refuses to fix.  I
then have to wait to go into work to mount in in windows and allow it
to be marked OK so that Linux will mount it again.

If I find that FAT32 will not make this drive usable, I have a nice
hammer that will make it into usable scrap metal.