Gordon Dexter on 21 Apr 2009 05:33:55 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Mac OS X Ext2 Filesystem

gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:
At 2009-04-20 18:05 -0400, Art Alexion <art.alexion@gmail.com> wrote:

Any better suggestions?

FAT32 is the only safe choice. (Nobody's NTFS support besides
Microsoft's can "safely" be used for RW access: everything else is
experimental for write access. That's because of Microsoft's refusal
to release documentation of their file system.)

Maybe so, but NTFS3g is reputed to be very stable, enough so that I use it for my backup disk, since I need it to be read on all 3 platforms.  FAT32 just has too many problems (big file support, etc) for me to use it like that.  Ext support in Windows also sucks.  As long as I occasionally verify the backups I think I'll be just fine.

--Gordon