Brian Vagnoni on 21 Apr 2009 10:45:49 -0700

Re: [PLUG] More on Mini 9 with Ubuntu & Wireless

----- Original Message -----
From: JP Vossen

> paraphrase; JP's in wireless hell;

----- Original Message -----
Add another dollar to the jar :-).

Just some stuff to try if you already haven't on both your router and your card.

1. Turn off automatic anything. In my experience auto-channel section never works out well.

2. Disable N functionality on your card. Set the router to G only if available.

3. Set narrow channel mode e.g. 20Mhz.

4. Determine interference sources if any.

5. If available tell it to specifically use AES. Don't let it try and decide.

Looking forward to Brent's Open-WRT talk. Missed the last was as I was up in Easton.