Casey Bralla on 3 May 2009 12:51:18 -0700

[PLUG] VIrtual Servers on Single IP

I have a single static IP which I use for multiple web pages on multiple
domains.   Apache makes this process very simple and painless; all web traffic
hits Apache, which then decides which web domain was really wanted.

However, I'd like to allow each web customer be able to run their own virtual
machine on my server, and am wondering how I can split the traffic to separate
web pages (with the same public IP) to the separate virtual machines on the
same physical server.

Anybody have any ideas or know of a good How-To for this?
--

Casey Bralla

Chief Nerd in Residence
The NerdWorld Organisation