Russ Nelson on 9 May 2009 21:06:41 -0700

[PLUG] OpenStreetMap mapping party next weekend (5/16-17)

Hi.  I'm hosting, with Robert Cheetham, an OpenStreetMap mapping party
next weekend, at Lovers and Madmen Coffee Lounge in University City.
I suspect that most people here already know about OpenStreetMap, so
I'll skip the introduction and go straight to the details:

The Map:  http://openstreetmap.org
The Wiki: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org
The Event: http://community.cloudmade.com/event/custom/opensource/show/164

I'll have a set of GPS receivers to loan out.  Bring a laptop if you
don't want to be queued behind someone else to use mine.  If you want
to be prepared in advance, suck down a copy of GPSBabel from
gpsbabel.org and JOSM from http://josm.openstreetmap.de.  Requires
Java 1.5.

--
Russ Nelson - http://community.cloudmade.com/blog - http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:RussNelson