Art Alexion on 19 Jun 2009 11:32:21 -0700

Re: [PLUG] ecryptfs

Clarification:

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 2:07 PM, Art Alexion<art.alexion@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 3:30 PM, JP Vossen <jp@jpsdomain.org> wrote:
>>
>> > Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 13:53:21 -0400
>> > From: Art Alexion <art.alexion@gmail.com>
>>
>> [Snipped: installed kubuntu 9.04 with encrypted $HOME, then installed
>> Ubuntu Studio (64-bit) which can't read encrypted $HOME.]
>> > Should I just delete the partition and start over? Is there any chance of
>> > recovering it?
>>
>> You don't mention which version of Studio, 9.04?  If so I would think it
>> could do the same encrypted home thing?  Perhaps you can install Kubuntu
>> 9.04 in a VM then list the installed packages to figure out what else
>> you need to install?
>
> I installed ecryptfs which is a kubuntu option, but not a studio one
> (both are 9.04 by the way).  The exact message I am getting is
> # ecryptfs-mount-private
> Private is not set up properly!

I should have said "I installed ecryptfs on studio once I realized
what I had done.  Ecryptfs is an option when first installing kubuntu,
but not when first installing Studio."

Also, when I ran
$ ecryptfs-setup-private
mkdir: cannot create directory /home/art/.ecryptfs: file exists
ERROR: /home/art/.Private must be empty before proceeding.

artAlexion
sent unsigned from webmail interface