James Barrett on 8 Jul 2009 07:48:40 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Dell really gets Linux - at last

I agree, the oversight is a moot point.  It is hard to imagine anyone
sharpening their pitchforks and preparing their torches simply because
of this minute oversight.  It's surprising, is all.

Dell does a tremendous amount of work to make sure that Linux is
compatible with their hardware.  It makes sense to me.  I would think
that it is easier for Dell to submit a set of patches and make Linux
work with their hardware as opposed to developing and packaging
drivers for multiple versions of Windows.

Anyone remember Peter Bailey's presentation in February of last year?

All that aside, I was looking to purchase a laptop in early 2007, and
I seem to remember seeing a Thinkpad on Lenovo's web site which was
pre-installed with SuSE.

--
Jim