Greg Helledy on 8 Jul 2009 09:36:20 -0700

[PLUG] Google formally announces Chrome OS, to be based on linux kernel

Sorry if this has been posted already, I get the digest.

> Google will launch its own operating system in the second half of next year, finally launching a direct assault on Microsoft's crown jewel.
>
> (It has been headed here in all but name for the past two years.  But last night it finally declared war.)
>
> The OS will initially be targeted to netbooks, then broadened to all PCs.  It will be a combination of a Google Chrome browser and a Linux kernel.  It will be a different project than Android.  It will be designed to be simple and fast.  It will also, presumably, be free.

Full blog post here:

http://www.businessinsider.com/henry-blodget-google-launching-os-firing-torpedo-into-microsoft-and-apple-hold-2009-7

--
Privileged/Confidential information may be contained in this message.
and notify GRA, Inc. (postmaster@gra-inc.com) immediately. Please advise