Greg Helledy on 4 Aug 2009 09:17:14 -0700

[PLUG] plug and play success story with Debian

I was ordering things from an online site and noticed that they had a
no-name bluetooth USB dongle for $10.  I already connect my phone to the
computer with an appropriate USB cable but thought I'd give bluetooth a try.
I'm running lenny with the 2.6.26 kernel image and KDE 3.5.  To my
amazement, after adding the bluez-related packages, it "just worked"--a
bluetooth icon appeared in the tray, it discovered my phone and could
send files to it (OBEX push).  Attempting to run "service discovery"
causes a crash of the "service discovery" app but the link remains active.
I got a result better than I expected.  I have to learn some
bluetooth-related terminology, but as far as I'm concerned the day of
desktop linux for the common man is getting nearer.

Greg

--
Privileged/Confidential information may be contained in this message.
and notify GRA, Inc. (postmaster@gra-inc.com) immediately. Please advise