Bob Schwier on 15 Aug 2009 11:29:53 -0700

Re: [PLUG] floppy, originally stick drive that mounts as /dev/sda (or sdb....)

I suspect that my problem is in the BIOS but I have a Dell N100 with
UBANTU 8.04 that refuses to acknowledge the floppy drive as a block
device.  It seems that the program diverts the fd/0 to /pts (sic) and
leaves me hanging.  Meanwhile the BIOS keeps resetting itself to contend
that there is no floppy drive.  The reason that I have the /pts (sic) is
that I don't precisely remember the initials as I unplugged the drive so
that my machine would start with some dispatch.  The reason for believing
it is in the  BIOS is that when the drive is plugged in, it takes longer
for the machine get off of the PowerSpec intro.
This seemed a good thread to ask this question on.
bs