Drew Lehman on 13 Oct 2009 21:34:34 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Clearwire WiMAX service started in Philadelphia twoweeks ago

Plans are listed by Home or Mobile based on the equipment you get.  The
home unit is a larger unit that needs A/C for power.  IT has a larger
(internal) antenna and is rated for a better signal indoors (and tends
to get better speeds).  The mobile is the USB device.  The system can
limit the speeds by device, so the limited plans really are limited.
The unlimited plans with the highest speeds are not capped, and you can
potentially get speeds of 10-12Mbs, but they cannot advertise that.
Also, due to the E911 issue, you can only get the VoIP service on the
home units.
All units can be used in any region that has Clear 4G, so your not
limited to a "home" region.
As for pricing, the dealers often has room for rebates.  For example,
I'm offering a rebate of one month on the pick 2 and 3 plans (1 home, 1
mobile or 2 mobiles or 1 home, one mobile and VoIP)
Some odd restrictions though on advertising, so you probably won't see
many dealers use TV or radio to advertise, but you probably will get
sick of the branded advertising starting on the 18th.