Michael Bevilacqua on 28 Oct 2009 08:30:31 -0700

Re: [PLUG] CyberPower UPS-- "powerpanel" monitoring software segfaults

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 12:16 PM, Greg Helledy <gregsonh@gra-inc.com> wrote:
I bought a CyberPower UPS, model CP550SL, which was on sale for $40 from
MicroCenter.  It has a USB cable which connects to the computer to allow
automated shutdown.  The box indicated that linux and mac support were
available via download from the website.

Sure enough, they offer .deb, .rpm and tarball of their software for
32-bit linux.  I am running 32-bit lenny.
http://www.cyberpowersystems.com/support/product-support.html
I downloaded and installed the .deb
When I issued the command to start the daemon, the response was
"Segmentation fault".

I would take a look at the 'powstatd' package first and see if it works for you.  Also, check out 'nut'

Would I be better off paying more for an APC if I want working shutdown
softare?

If you purchase an APC, you can use the very nice 'APCUPSD' package.

All of the packages I mentioned are in Lenny.

Hope this helps.

--
Michael D. Bevilacqua
michael@bevilacqua.us