Greg Helledy on 16 Nov 2009 20:25:31 -0800

Re: [PLUG] CyberPower UPS-- "powerpanel" monitoring software segfaults

Lee Marzke wrote:
> Did you start upsmon ?
>
> Was there a SysV startup script ?
>
> Here is an old SysV script that might help,  I think this is from a
> RedHat system.
> But you can run things manually by reference to the script.
>
> Lee Marzke

Ok, looks like things are in fact running.  I decided to test it:

Nov 16 12:28:27 itchy upsmon[4196]: UPS CP550HG@localhost on battery
Nov 16 12:46:47 itchy upsmon[4196]: UPS CP550HG@localhost battery is low
Nov 16 12:46:47 itchy upsd[4193]: Client local_mon@127.0.0.1 set FSD on
UPS [CP550HG]
Nov 16 12:46:47 itchy upsmon[4196]: Executing automatic power-fail shutdown
Nov 16 12:46:47 itchy upsmon[4196]: Auto logout and shutdown proceeding
Nov 16 12:46:52 itchy upsd[4193]: Host 127.0.0.1 disconnected (read failure)
Nov 16 12:46:52 itchy shutdown[2580]: shutting down for system halt

With the monitor off, and the unit powering the minitower PC, a router
and a DSL "modem", power lasted 20 minutes.

I'd love to get the GUI client running, but I guess if I know things are
working in the background, that's ok, too.

Greg

-- NOTICE - This communication may contain confidential and privileged
information that is for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any
viewing, copying of distribution of, or reliance on this message by
unintended recipients is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
message in error, please notify use immediately by replying to the
message and deleting it from your computer.