Edmond Rodriguez on 25 Nov 2009 15:21:25 -0800

Re: [PLUG] open office, was notebooks for high school

StarDivision, the original author of the StarOffice suite of software, was founded in Germany in the mid-1980s. It was acquired
by Sun Microsystems during the summer of 1999 and StarOffice 5.2 was
released in June of 2000. Future versions of StarOffice software, beginning with 6.0, have been built using the OpenOffice.org source, APIs, file formats, and reference implementation...................
..........The OpenOffice.org source code includes the technology which Sun Microsystems has been developing for the future versions of StarOffice(TM) software.

Snippets above from: See http://about.openoffice.org/index.html#history