Mike Sheinberg on 31 Dec 2009 16:30:38 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Remote access to Gnome or KDE

Hmmm.. Like some of you I've had success with freenx but it sounds like I'm gonna check out neatx this weekend *grin*

-Mike

On Sun, Dec 27, 2009 at 12:51 PM, Richard Freeman <r-plug@thefreemanclan.net> wrote:
On 12/26/2009 04:33 PM, Lee Marzke wrote:
> However X is not encrypted,  so you may be better off ssh'ing and runing
> 'startkde'   if nor not local.    Freenx uses compression and reduction of
> round-trip latency and may give you a faster desktop than ssh alone.

I've been using nx for a while, and I've found the recent Google neatx
implementation is a lot easier to get up and running, and is a lot less
finicky than the previous open-source nomachine implementation.  The
nomachine client is still the gold standard.

Rich