Eric on 31 Dec 2009 16:31:17 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Update: How To Diagnose System Instability?

Casey:

That's good news.

While I was working as an Electrical Engineer for General Electric I
learned that about 90% of the equipment problems we experienced were
directly traceable to connectors. Cable connectors, card edge
connectors, chip sockets, and the like were the bane of our existence. I
suspect that it's worse today because of the lower power / higher
impedance circuits which have less ability to "punch through" an oxide
layer on a contact.

Maybe this is an excuse to tear down and rebuild our computers every year?

Nah.

Eric

--
#  Eric Lucas