Elizabeth Krumbach on 5 Feb 2010 03:10:14 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Xubuntu menu editing - whew...

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 8:53 PM, jeff <jeffv@op.net> wrote:
> I just lost an hour of my life looking into how to edit menus.
> Apparently there existed an xfce4-menueditor but it went the way of the
> dodo.  Now it appears to be all text file editing.  While I'm ok with
> editing text files, this involves several files and seems unnecessarily
> complex and bereft of proper tools.

While I can't speak to any "skirmish" (AFAIK the reason for the
missing menu editor in 4.6 is a technical one due to major changes in
the menuing system, not a social one), the developers are working on a
menu editor for the 4.8 xfce4 release. I agree that it's unnecessarily
complex, in fact this lack of a menu editor, and a couple annoying
bugs when 4.6 was released were enough for me to give Gnome a try
again for about a month.

--
Elizabeth Krumbach // Lyz // pleia2
http://www.princessleia.com