jeff on 4 Feb 2010 18:30:11 -0800

[PLUG] Xubuntu menu editing - whew...

I just lost an hour of my life looking into how to edit menus.
Apparently there existed an xfce4-menueditor but it went the way of the
dodo.  Now it appears to be all text file editing.  While I'm ok with
editing text files, this involves several files and seems unnecessarily
complex and bereft of proper tools.

I checked the xfce wiki as well as Ubuntu and the only answer is heavy
editing.

What am I missing?
Is this some sort of open source skirmish that didn't make the headlines?
Is this required to be difficult for some reason that escapes me?
Is the universe angry at me because my dog humps the cat?

--
ThermionicEmissions  -  the blog
http://www.lockergnome.com/leftystrat