K.S. Bhaskar on 7 Feb 2010 08:17:15 -0800

[PLUG] Monitor donations needed

Four of us PLUG members will be teaching the Computer Merit Badge at
the 2010 Science Camp organized by the Chester County Council of the
Boy Scouts of America.  We plan to install Linux on recycled PCs to
teach the merit badge to an estimated 100+ boy scouts, and at the end
of the camp will have a drawing for those scouts who don't have their
own PCs at home to take home the machines used for the merit badge.

We have all the PC hardware we need except monitors.  Do you have 15"
or 17" monitors to donate in a good cause (please, we need them to be
in good working condition)?  If you do, please let us know by e-mail
(the others are copied on this message) and we will coordinate a
rendezvous to effect transfer.  We expect to need 15-18 and the
science camp is at the end of June.

Thank you very much, in advance.

Regards
-- Bhaskar

--
Windows does to computers what smoking does to humans