Art Alexion on 10 Mar 2010 13:29:17 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Spaz or software?

On Wednesday 10 March 2010 12:07:38 pm Conor Schaefer wrote:
> I can't speak specifically about the UNR drivers, but have you tried
> searching the Ubuntu forums for customized xorg.confs?

The last time I looked was a couple of versions ago.  I had a helluva time
getting one that worked with the Elantech touchpad.

> I know that editing the xorg.conf file is no longer necessary for most
> things, but I'm pretty sure manually specifying certain value ranges in
> there will allow you to adjust the sensitivity to your liking.

Yeah, as I mentioned, this used to be pretty tricky with the Elantech. At the
time the drivers were not in the repos, and the Elantech site was not
navigation friendly.  I finally got it to work with Hardy, After upgrading to
Karmic, the whole thing worked with the mouse gui configuration, but at some
point, it seems to have stopped working... or maybe working weirdly.  Like I
said, the right click menu keeps popping up.  My coordination may not be the
best, which is why I want to turn off the tap-click to begin with, but I know
I'm not hitting the right click button (between the right Alt & Ctrl).

--
Art Alexion