Art Alexion on 23 Mar 2010 02:58:38 -0700

Re: [PLUG] vm in a vm = odd mouse behavior in windows server

On Monday 22 March 2010 17:19:12 Casey Bralla wrote:
> I suppose there is some type of good reason you're virtualizing WinServer
> inside VMWare instead of just letting it run under VirtualBox.  (I can't
> guess  what that reason would be, but it seems too bizarre not to be well
> thought out.)

Not as bizarre as it sounds.  The 2008 server is one of about 30 running on 4
esx servers that form my company's infrastructure.

VirtualBox is the way that I run some windows-only admin tools on my Linux
desktop. vSphere which is the admin client for the esx cluster is win-only (in
spite of the fact that the esx host is Linux)

The weird part about this, though is that my Rube Goldberg-esque setup works
fine on all of the servers in the cluster except 2008R2.  2003-2008 work fine.

--
Art Alexion