Art Alexion on 23 Mar 2010 19:20:55 -0700

Re: [PLUG] What's the best KDE-based distro for noobs at this point?

On Tuesday 23 March 2010 20:49:08 bergman@merctech.com wrote:
> I may have put it too strongly when I said that RH is "based" on KDE...both
> g* and k* are available, all the packages are in the repositories. Right
> now,  "yum list all" shows 92 packages with "kde" in their name.

Back int 6.x-7.x days when I used RedHat, they compiled and distributed
"crippled" versions of KDE.  I don't remember the details, but it involved
some preloading and the speed of the apps.  There was no love lost between the
KDE and RedHat people.

Is this still the case?

--
Art Alexion