Mike Leone on 26 Mar 2010 11:50:48 -0700

Re: [PLUG] using OpenLDAP with Active Directory

Jason Stelzer had this to say:
> Sorry, I'm only half reading things.. i suck at multitasking.
>
> try something like this:
>
> ldapsearch -Hldap://fqdn.domain.controller -tt -x -D
> "username@domain.controller" -b "dc=your,dc=base,dc=DN" -W -L
> "cn=whatever"
>
> Can you get a command like that to bind?

Grrrr ... when I specify everything on the command line like that, yes,
it works. When I specify my ldap-proxy user and password in my
/etc/ldap/ldap.conf file, then NO, the silly thing comes back with the
original error ...

root@workhorse:/etc/ldap# ldapsearch  -v -x -H ldap://10.0.0.60
"(objectClass=user)" sAMAccountName
ldap_initialize( ldap://10.0.0.60:389/??base )
filter: (objectClass=user)
requesting: sAMAccountName
# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <dc=DaCrib,dc=local> (default) with scope subtree
# filter: (objectClass=user)
# requesting: sAMAccountName
#

# search result
search: 2
result: 1 Operations error
text: 00000000: LdapErr: DSID-0C090627, comment: In order to perform
this ope
  ration a successful bind must be completed on the connection., data 0,
vece

# numResponses: 1

--------------------

root@workhorse:/etc/ldap# more ldap.conf
host 10.0.0.60
base dc=DaCrib,dc=local

binddn CN=LDAP Proxy,CN=Users,DC=DaCrib,DC=local
bindpw XXXXXXX

# The distinguished name to bind to the server with
# if the effective user ID is root. Password is
# stored in /etc/ldap.secret (mode 600)
# rootbinddn cn=Administrator,dc=dacrib,dc=local

# RFC 2307 (AD) mappings
# <to> <from>
nss_map_attribute userPassword sambaPassword
nss_map_attribute gecos name
nss_map_attribute uid unixName
nss_map_attribute shadowLastChange pwdLastSet
nss_map_objectclass posixGroup group
pam_filter objectclass=User
pam_password crypt

nss_initgroups_ignoreusers
avahi,backup,bin,daemon,dhcp,dovecot,festival,games,gnats,haldaemon,hplip,irc,klog,li
buuid,list,lp,mail,man,messagebus,mysql,news,polkituser,postfix,proxy,root,saned,sshd,sync,sys,syslog,uucp,www-d
ata

This is what your command tells me is the DN of the account I am trying
to use to bind with

# LDAP Proxy, Users, DaCrib.local
dn: CN=LDAP Proxy,CN=Users,DC=DaCrib,DC=local

Did I mis-specify it in the ldap.conf?