Art Alexion on 21 Apr 2010 05:29:49 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Purple on Linux

On Tuesday 20 April 2010 20:55:45 jeff wrote:
> Hating the new Ubuntu purple is a symptom of a much larger problem.
> It's perfectly ok to hate the way VMware works, if one has a serious
> reason.  Hating a color is a non-starter

Eh...  Very few software preferences are clear cut. More often one product has
x advantages over the other, while the other has y advantages over the first.
We pick the one that excels in the things WE think are important or less
annoying.  Using that choice we pick x, while others may pick y.  Those that
pick y didn't necessarily pick a lesser product, just one that better suits
their tastes.  Just like picking a color.

--
Art Alexion