Doug Stewart on 21 Apr 2010 10:45:21 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Purple on Linux

On 4/20/10, jeff <jeffv@op.net> wrote:
> Hating the new Ubuntu purple is a symptom of a much larger problem.
> It's perfectly ok to hate the way VMware works, if one has a serious
> reason.  Hating a color is a non-starter.

Simply untrue, and I'll give you a current example as to why you're wrong:

"Purple" Sun -> "Teal" Sun -> "Owww My Eyes Red" Snoracle.

I hated. Hated. HA-TED. the old Sun purple. I felt it was an
undignified color to festoon such capable machines with. I loved,
LOVED the switch to teal under El Ponytail Grande. Now, every time I
mistakenly enter "sun.com" into my browser, I find myself wanting
nothing more than to fly to San Jose and somehow, some way, suffocate
Larry Ellison using paper festooned with the hex notation for that
truly awful Oracle Red.

Of course, I may very well be alone in this sentiment.

--
-Doug
http://literalbarrage.org/blog/