Paul L. Snyder on 22 Apr 2010 18:05:49 -0700

[PLUG] Trolling (was Re: Shell scripting?)

On Thu, 22 Apr 2010, Antony P Joseph wrote:

> I said "did not" that means that did not happen. I have to take my
> English grammar class again
> > with either shell scripting or with USP.  You do realize, I hope, that
> >
> Look at how many messages are about shell scripting(I am little tired
> of it).

Unsurprisingly, topics on the discussion list for a Linux users group
will often include Linux-related topics

> So I put  a controversial topic to see whether I would get any response.

Trolling is not appreciated.

As you seem to be having a bad "grammar" day, I will refer you to the
Wikipedia definition of a troll:

  In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,
  extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an
  online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of
  provoking other users into a desired emotional response or of
  otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

  [ from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29 ]

Cut it out.

> > USP is the University of the Sciences in Philadelphia, which has
> > generously hosted the PLUG Central meetings for many years now?
> >
> If USP is providing  the hosting for the mailing list, I would be
> grateful to them.

The "grammar" of that sentence would have informed you, had you actually
read it, that USP has been hosting the "PLUG Central meetings".  This is
the place where PLUG Central holds actual, physical meetings.

Michael Toren has kindly provided mailing list services for PLUG for a
number of years.

In the future, if you're tired of a relevant topic, don't read the
messages.

Paul