Art Alexion on 19 Jun 2010 05:32:34 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Distro for KDE

I'm using 10.04.  KDE 4.4. Every time there is a major package upgrade, akonadi & nepomuk break. With the most recent upgrade, clicking the directory browser icon on the panel crashes the plasma workspace. I can no longer get to another tty during a virtually frozen login. Logins (after entering my credentials take up to 5 minutes). And more... unfortunately.

My problem isn't with KDE, or with [gnome] Ubuntu. It is with the implementation of KDE in Kubuntu.

I tested SLED for a while when I naively thought I could get past the politics and implement it at work. I liked everything about it but the package management.

I will try running openSuSE in a vm for a while and see if a switch is worthwhile.

Thanks for the feedback.

--
Art Alexion