[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
Re: [PLUG] really dumb ubuntu question
- From: Edmond Rodriguez <email@example.com>
- To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [PLUG] really dumb ubuntu question
- Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 18:08:41 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=K3ea9+8UensJqLZ1xuxEHggVPdyJ266iHQgg9FGcOcs=; b=CJaJ3agbnZuXStqaHjCnB2XOaWgx6nlNfV4nAjNY/UEP1c6TvhggWPRugHaBchZKky otcyqPJ1acWF+j/33IL+fLXfH1Iz7xAjFTbI8sH6G1XqBIn3Lds6xL3ufffOx778Uz9Z fuJ9zUAy3eAqDtMzTNfHUsqofusWnmwOdgWko=
- Reply-to: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <email@example.com>
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
Perhaps someone already said this, but why not see if the person can get
with an Ethernet
cable, then just remote in or use a reverse shell to get access
fix the problem. That way you can hack a little and figure out what
maybe. Of course, one has to time such an event so both
parties are available.
On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 4:51 PM, Chris Nehren <email@example.com>
On Jul 13, 2010, at 3:38 PM, Lee Marzke wrote:I was going to suggest this, but presumably since the machine is now at a writer's camp it's portable--thus perhaps outright blocking it constantly would be undesired (e.g., usage in sight of parents should be allowed).
> Even better, put a rules on the house firewall about what PC's are allowed Internet access
> ( and what hours ), usually implemented by MAC address, then this problem wouldn't
> have occurred.
++ for working in a mention of your talk tonight. Well-done. :D
> Endian UTM, which I'm talking about tonight at PLUG North has this feature.
Philadelphia Linux Users Group -- http://www.phillylinux.org
Announcements - http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-announce
General Discussion -- http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug