Richard Freeman on 4 Aug 2010 10:28:05 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Way OT: Walmart Acceptance Factor ;-)

On 08/04/2010 09:44 AM, Randall A Sindlinger wrote:
Where *does* Walmart print the upload-to-Walmart pictures?

You get three choices:

1. 1-hour turnaround in-store. The photos are printed at the store on suitable equipment. This is the most expensive option, but still pretty cheap (certainly cheaper than printing your own photos and generally higher quality as well).

2. Mail-order to store. There is no shipping charge, and you get a low rate. No idea where they are printed, but I suspect they just outsource to snapfish or whatever. I doubt they ship them overseas for the reasons stated elsewhere in this thread. It takes 2-3 days. This is always the cheapest option.

3. Mail-order to home. Again, you get the low rate, but you do pay shipping. Obviously the most convenient option if you can wait the 2-3 days, and still cheap if you are ordering in quantity.

In all cases you pre-pay, and when you show up at the store they just hand you the photos and you're off.

Rich