George Langford on 18 Aug 2010 07:05:02 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Starting X11 with a Trident video card

When I finished trying to get an Internet connection with a
brand-new ethernet card, I was left with no ethernet, no video
and no motherboard.

Nevertheless, for a short time, Plug-ers' suggestion that I try
"sudo dpkg-reconfigure xorg.conf" solved my video problem, even
through the reason for so doing continues to escape me, as the
process never touched upon the display ID, screen resolution,
or even the video card.

In fact, after reading:
I actually used: "sudo dpkg-reconfigure xorg.conf -phigh." though
I have no idea what the "-phigh" entails, even after "apropos phigh"
in Terminal mode and a Google search on it as well.  Seems to be
prevailing wisdom, no more, no less.

Thanks for your kind suggestions.

George Langford