bergman on 26 Aug 2010 16:26:51 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Free Inbound Fax Service?

The pithy ruminations from bergman@merctech.com on "Re: [PLUG] Free Inbound Fax Service?" were:

Replying to my own post, in order to add in the bits that I left out the first time.

	[SNIP!]

What I wrote was:

=>
=>
=> Yeah, I send faxes more frequently than I receive them....but it's easy to find a corner shop/copy center/office where I can send a fax[*], but I wouldn't necessarily want anything personal sent to me at those addresses.

But I meant to write:

	...where I can send a fax securely[*]...

Followed sometime before the heat death of the universe by a footnote:

	[*] Secure in the sense that I keep possession of the pages that are being sent, unlike receiving a fax, which may arrive
	    asynchronous to my standing in front of the silly machine. Of course, there's no security in using a fax machine with an
	    internal hard drive, used to buffer receiving _and_ sending faxes.

-----
Mark Bergman    Biker, Rock Climber, Unix mechanic, IATSE #1 Stagehand
'94 Yamaha GTS1000A^2
bergman@panix.com

http://wwwkeys.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=bergman%40panix.com

I want a newsgroup with a infinite S/N ratio! Now taking CFV on:
rec.motorcycles.stagehands.pet-bird-owners.pinballers.unix-supporters
15+ So Far--Want to join? Check out: http://www.panix.com/~bergman