Amul Shah on 21 Sep 2010 06:54:21 -0700

Re: [PLUG] [plug-announce] PLUG West, Mon, Sep 20, 2010 - Configuration Management with Chef presented by Kyle Burton (7pm @ FIS in Malvern)

  • From: "Amul Shah" <amul@amulz.com>
  • To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
  • Subject: Re: [PLUG] [plug-announce] PLUG West, Mon, Sep 20, 2010 - Configuration Management with Chef presented by Kyle Burton (7pm @ FIS in Malvern)
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 09:54:15 -0400
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=messagingengine.com; h=message-id:from:to:mime-version:content-transfer-encoding:content-type:references:subject:in-reply-to:date; s=smtpout; bh=cx+UMEj958DleGJby6gK9ZpJT3c=; b=lccjEMUufTC2ZaT93vtRrWexKueAvE2iff1aIqxdgsTTBcwPnn0Uc9z8dE+fsC3XTcvVlHfhlzmp4wO4G4aouG0pwtnOqgmuINZt+ykBICBmgmqyWPjFRgeQT3b0GWdsy4B6ZD91qg5WBUpeYzNi/TSVfrdggwWc+k0d5OccRVE=
  • Sender: plug-bounces@lists.phillylinux.org

Kyle,
Thanks for the wonderful presentation.  While doing some searches this morning about the topic of automated configuration management I hit this page on wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_open_source_configuration_management_software
The page covers many automation systems which goes into supported OSes, languages and licenses!  Go wikipedia.

thanks,
Amul