Lee Marzke on 21 Sep 2010 08:34:48 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Recent VOIP Experience Anyone?

I've been using Vitelity.net for VOIP and Virtual FAX for about 5 years. I have
all my house and office phones hooked to Asterisk ( Trixbox ) so Vonage
is not a option. I use Linksys 942, Cisco 7940 phones, and a few analog wireless
phones with a Digium card.

My DSL uplink is only 256k so I did have to implement QOS rules on my
perimeter firewall to make the web servers play nice with VOIP.  After
that I have had no issues with VOIP

Remember, that SIP-2-SIP calls don't require a carrier, so you should also setup an e164.org directory account so that other VOIP users or carriers can route SIP
phone calls to you directly without using your carrier.

Lee