Randall A Sindlinger on 23 Sep 2010 09:31:51 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Virtual Side Topic

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 10:37:02AM -0400, Sean Cummins wrote:

> My personal opinion on the potential VMware acquisition of SUSE though -- I
> think it would be better for VMware to remain OS/distribution independent.
> I'd hate to see RHEL customers ditch VMware due to VMware having an affinity
> for SLES. One of the factors that has helped VMware gain the market share it
> enjoys today has been vendor neutrality.
>
> - Sean

Hm, good point.  Even so, if it came down to a choice between SuSE being
bought by either Microsoft or VMware, I'd much rather see VMware aquire
it.  I'm already disturbed that Microsoft has a relationship with SuSE;
I _really_ don't want to see them buy it.

And, unlike KSB, I *do* care, because we're running OpenSuSE here.

-Randall