Randall A Sindlinger on 8 Dec 2010 12:53:55 -0800

Re: [PLUG] External drive casing for EIDE HD

On Wed, Dec 08, 2010 at 03:39:14PM -0500, Mike Leone wrote:

> Heh. Ok, well, my GF's Dell Studio XPS 8000 from last year has no PS/2
> ports, either, that I can remember ...

Ah - then I wasn't clear.  I wasn't saying Dell gives you the ports.
Rather, their motherboards can still _support_ PS/2, _if_ you get the
adapter that plugs into the motherboard socket and has a ribbon cable
over to ports that you would put in place of a blank expansion slot
cover.

Googling for "Dell PS/2 Serial adapter" seemed to do the trick.  This
is one of them.
http://accessories.dell.com/sna/products/cables/productdetail.aspx?c=ca&l=en&s=biz&cs=calca1&sku=310-6686

Dell says "select", which may just mean it varies by form factor, or
maybe that some motherboards actually don't have the socket; that's not
clear, and I certainly haven't ordered one of each product Dell sells :-)

-Randall