Mike Leone on 8 Dec 2010 13:01:36 -0800

Re: [PLUG] External drive casing for EIDE HD

On 12/8/2010 3:53 PM, Randall A Sindlinger wrote:

>> Heh. Ok, well, my GF's Dell Studio XPS 8000 from last year has no PS/2
>> ports, either, that I can remember ...
>
> Ah - then I wasn't clear.  I wasn't saying Dell gives you the ports.
> Rather, their motherboards can still _support_ PS/2, _if_ you get the
> adapter that plugs into the motherboard socket and has a ribbon cable
> over to ports that you would put in place of a blank expansion slot
> cover.

Yeah, we used to buy that adapter for the Optiplex 755s, 3-4 years ago.
They used to charge you $10 for it, too, from what I remember ... It was
just cheaper and easier to use USB keyboards and mice; hardly anything
else (consumer grade) would use a PS/2 port, anyway ...