Mark Mehalik on 5 Jan 2011 06:06:51 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Linux n00b question

Off the top of my head I don't remember what Ubuntu's defaults are, but I'm sure they're sane.

It's been my experience that partitioning is a consideration mostly for purpose builds, and that early on, mucking with it just tends to cause problems.

As far as filesystems, I'd also take the defaults, it's one of those things you'll figure out later if you need to, but for now, they're all similar enough to ignore the differences for most purposes.

-mark