Steve Slaughter on 5 Jan 2011 05:56:14 -0800

[PLUG] Linux n00b question

Hey, folks.

I'm building a new PC and plan to install Ubuntu 10.10 ONLY on this machine.  I do not want Windows on any partitions.  OK, I might run Windows 7 in Virtual Box for games, but I don't plan on wasting a lot of time with that until I find a joystick replacement for keyboard/mouse control.

To save money, I only bought a 1 TB HDD.

What, in your opinion, is the best way to partition this drive?

Should I just select the parameters Ubuntu will set during the installation process, or do some extra-special manual partitioning?

Yes, I'm a n00b :-)

Thanks for your help!
Steve